Driver licensing

Find a Service Location

​​Your driving record

Your driving record, also called a driver's abstract, is a record of your driving history. It lists when your driver's licence was first issued, plus any driving tickets or other offences you've received in the previous five years.

Get your driving records online

You can easily request a driver’s abstract, an insurance and claims history record or a commercial driving record (National Safety Code abstract) for your employer through our online application form.

Get your driving records

You will receive your driving record and/or insurance and claims history by email. The record(s) attached in the email are digitally certified by ICBC.

Please note, email is not a secure method of transmitting sensitive personal information and by using this service you accept this risk. If you are concerned, you may use the alternative methods indicated below.

If you don't see the email, please check your spam or junk folder first then try your request again.

Driving records you may need

Driving record (driver's abstract)

You can use a copy of your driving record to apply for a driver’s licence when you move out of B.C., to become a member of any car-sharing company(s) or to volunteer driving for school activities e.g. field trips. Your driver's abstract is a public (P) record of your basic driving history in the last five years.

Insurance and claims history record

You should get your B.C. insurance and claims history record if you’re moving away from B.C. and planning to apply for auto insurance. Your next insurer will likely ask to see this record for your insurance coverage history and your claims history as a driver. You may request a claims history record for up to the last 20 years, if needed.

Driver factor report (prototype)

This report is currently undergoing testing in preparation for the September 1st changes to insurance Because this application is under development, the information that you see on this report may not be correct. 

It has no impacts on premiums today, but in the future your driver factor will be a 3 decimal number that represents your driving experience and crash history. For an accurate report, please check back closer to September 1st.

Commercial driving record

If you’re a driver applying for employment purposes, you’ll need a National Safety Code (NSC) abstract. The (N) print is a record of your basic driving history and any commercial vehicle-related convictions in the last five years.

Request your driving records be sent to you or another organization

You can request for your documents to be emailed or mailed to you or another organization of your choice by phone, mail or fax. Have your driver's licence number ready when you call during office hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)

B.C., Canada and the U.S.

Lower Mainland

Or visit any ICBC driver licensing office to get your driver's abstract. We'll print out copies for you only.

Bulk requests for NSC abstracts

Fleet operators can request NSC abstracts using the National Safety Code Abstract Request form. Please send or fax the completed form to:

Mailing address

ICBC Licensing Support Services
Box 3750 910 Government Street
Victoria BC V8W 3Y5

Fax: 250-978-8012