If you were injured on the job

WorkSafeBC covers care for injuries that happen on the job, even if they were caused by a car crash. 


Report your claim to WorkSafeBC first

If your crash occurred while you were working (for example, when you were driving a work vehicle) you should report your claim to WorkSafeBC first.

WorkSafeBC is your primary insurer if you were injured on the job in B.C. That means they are the first to pay out for your injury treatments — before ICBC.

Visit the WorkSafeBC website to report any work-related injury claims.

ICBC as your secondary insurer

You should report all work-related claims to WorkSafeBC first, but you should still report your crash and injury claims to ICBC. ICBC is your secondary insurer for on-the-job crash injuries. That means if you need any treatment or benefits that WorkSafeBC won’t cover, our secondary coverage may provide the additional support that you may need to help recover from your injuries.

Once you’ve reported your injury to WorkSafeBC, you should also report your claim to ICBC.