Get help with your claim

We make it easy to report and check the details of a claim online. Find out how to resolve any issues you may encounter when reporting a claim and submitting documents online.​​

Reporting a claim

No. A customer with an interim diver’s licence can report a claim by calling ICBC at 604-520-8222 or 1-800-910-4222.

There are many factors that influence how long a claim takes to be resolved and we want to make sure we have all the information needed to resolve your claim.

Your claim representative will ask you what happened and review the vehicle damage. They may also get statements from other drivers and witnesses, review police reports, consult with the vehicle damage estimator, review the rules of the road (as set out in the Motor Vehicle Act) and look at past court decisions for similar crashes. 

If you have a crash or other type of claim while driving outside of B.C., you can report a claim online (within Canada or the USA) or call us at 604-520-8222 or 1-800-910-4222.​

Please note: If you are reporting your claim from outside of Canada, we recommend calling us. If you try to report online, your IP address may be blocked for security reasons.

You can report your claim online or by phone 24-hours a day. If your vehicle can’t be driven or you’re concerned about driving it, your ICBC claims adjuster can help refer you to a repair location for assistance.

If you are driving in Alberta, Washington, Oregon or California, our partners Fix Auto (Alberta) or CARSTAR (Washington, Oregon and California) can provide immediate assistance and arrange repairs, towing or a rental vehicle.

Your ICBC representative can help you find the assistance you need, wherever you are.

​​Email your claims representative if you have not received an update after two weeks. Please note that resolving a claim can take time. Your claims representative may still be obtaining and reviewing driver statements, witness statements and police reports, if available. They may also need to consult with the vehicle damage estimator once the estimate is complete. If you still haven’t heard back from your claims representative after emailing them, you can call us at 604-520-8222 or 1-800-910-4222.​​​

​​We can speak with you in your language about your claim. We have multilingual adjusters and we also offer translation services over the phone in more than 170 languages - any time you need them.

If you’re in a crash with a vehicle that’s licensed outside of the province then more information is needed to start your claim.

Out-of-province vehicles are not insured with ICBC, which means we don't have access to their insurance information. If you’re involved in a crash with an out-of-province vehicle, it’s important to collect the right information so that we can track down their insurance company for your claim. If you don’t provide enough information you will need to pay your deductible whether or not you are at fault.

If you’re involved in an accident with an out-of-province vehicle please collect or take photos of:

  • The insurance company name, policy number, and phone number

  • Driver’s name, address, phone number, and licence number

  • Photos of the crash and scene

  • If the police attend, the police report number (where applicable)

  • The name and phone number of any witnesses

We recommend using the most up-to-date browsers for the best experience. The minimum browsers currently supported are:

  • Google Chrome v. 30 or higher

  • Mozilla Firefox v. 26 or higher

  • Internet Explorer v. 11 or higher

  • Safari v. 7 or higher

If you are a GST registrant, this means you are registered with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), have a business number and sell taxable products and services. You will be responsible for paying the GST to the repair facility on completion of repairs to your vehicle.

ICBC does not pay the GST on repairs as you can claim the GST paid as an Input Tax Credit or apply to the CRA for a rebate. Insurance doesn’t cover expenses that you get back from other sources such as income tax deductions.

Report to your private insurance company if you damaged your own vehicle only.

You’ll need to report to ICBC as well if:

  • there was any injury,

  • another vehicle was involved and/or

  • there was damage to another property.

It takes longer to settle your claim as an ICBC claims representative may need to negotiate with the claims representative from the other insurance company.

Submitting claim documents

No. In order to set up direct deposit​, you’ll need to submit a void cheque and electronic funds transfer authorization and direction form to ICBC.​ 

You can add these types of files:

  • ​Documents: .pdf, .doc, .rtf, .txt

  • Images: .bmp, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tiff, .tif, .gif

  • Videos: .mp4, .mov, .m4v, .avi, .mpeg, .mpg

  • Audio: .aac, .wav, .mp3, .wma, .wpl

The maximum size for each file is 2 GB.

​After logging in to manage your claim, in the submitted documents section, you can check to see if there was an issue processing a document. If so, you may need to send the document to your claim representative. Some documents may take several business days to be processed. ​​

If you submitted a document on behalf of another person or business, please contact their claims representative.

​If your document failed to upload, confirm that the document is one of the accepted file types. Documents can’t be bigger than 2 GB. If you’re still having issues, please contact your claim representative.​ 

No, once a document has been added, it can’t be removed. Please contact your claim representative.​ ​

​We recommend saving a copy of any PDF form to your computer, whether it ws sent to you or found on our website. Once saved, you can edit the PDF form using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (or Adobe Reader IX or later) by either interacting with the fillable fields or using the Fill and Sign options. For additional support, refer to Adobe's website or contact your claims representative.