Book a knowledge test and other driver licensing services
As the COVID-19 pandemic has developed, we’ve had to change the way in-person visits to our driver licensing offices work to support the health and safety of everybody.
We need to minimize the number of people in our driver licensing offices at any one time. So you’ll need to book an appointment for knowledge tests and licence renewals / replacements, along with most other driver licensing services. This page explains how to book an appointment for these services.
Alternatively, if you want to
book a road test, please follow this link:
Can your service be completed online or by phone?
In order to protect our customers and employees, please search for the service you need on
icbc.com and see if you can complete it online or by phone to avoid visiting a driver licensing office.
Some services are not currently available by appointment. Wherever possible, please try to complete these services online or by phone:
Booking an appointment at your nearest driver licensing location
You can find your nearest driver licensing location using our
Depending on where you live in B.C., your driver licensing services will be provided by either an ICBC Driver Licensing office, a ServiceBC centre, or an appointed agent - typically an Autoplan broker.
If your nearest location is a
Service BC centre, you can
book an appointment with Service BC's booking tool.
If your nearest location is an
appointed agent (typically an Autoplan broker), you should contact them directly to ask about in-person appointments.
If your nearest location is an
ICBC driver licensing office, follow the easy instructions below.
How to book an appointment
We’ve sorted our in-person appointment services into 4 groups - A, B, C and D.
Just identify the service you need below, click the link to the app and follow the simple instructions to book a location, date and time.
We'll attempt to serve you as close to your selected time as possible.
To allow access to as many people as possible, you will only be able to:
- Book 1 appointment in any 7-day period
- Have no more than 2 future appointments booked at any time
Please do not visit a driver licensing office if you have:
COVID-19 symptoms, including cough, shortness of breath or fever
• a sick family member or have been around someone who is sick
• not completed the 14-day isolation after travelling abroad
You can reschedule your appointment for a later date using the booking app.
A : Licence or ID renewal or replacement and violation ticket disputes
Book a 10-minute appointment for one of the following:
B : Single knowledge test
Book a single 45-minute appointment to take one of the following knowledge tests:
Please note that if your learner's licence has expired, you'll need to re-take and pass the knowledge test.
C : Combination knowledge tests
Book a combination 75-minute appointment to take one of the following pairs of knowledge tests:
What you’ll need for your appointment
We’ll send you specific instructions in a confirmation email and two reminder emails. In the meantime, here are some important things you need to be aware of:
- Expiry dates: Book your appointment within the recommended period ahead of any expiry dates.
- Licence classes and types: Find out
which licence is right for you.
- Accepted ID: Find out
what types of ID we accept.
- Fees: Find out
what the fees are for your service.
- Check-in times: For A & D appointments, you'll need to arrive 10 minutes ahead of your appointment time. For B & C appointments, you'll need to arrive 15 minutes ahead of your appointment time. Make sure you consider this when booking.
- Social distancing: All of our driver licencing office counters are located at least 2 metres apart and feature plexiglass shields.
Unable to book an appointment?
If you're unable to book an appointment in time for an expiration or deadline, you can consider visiting a driver licensing office in person. However, this should always be treated as a last resort.
If you do need to visit without an appointment, please be aware that:
- Due to physical distancing guidelines, we are limiting the number of customers in our offices.
- You should come as early in the day as possible, since time for non-appointment services is limited.
- We'll do our best to serve you, but priority will be given to customers with a booked appointment.
- Knowledge tests are only available by appointment.