Frequently asked questions

Driver licensing


Call our Autoplan Sales department at 1-800-328-4484 (toll-free) or 1-604-661-6956 ​(lower mainland) ​from Monday to Friday 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

If your vehicle is still in B.C., call an Autoplan brok​​er.​ If you are in Canada or the United States, you may be able to renew online​.

No, unfortunately, you can't get a refund for any years remaining on your B.C. driver's licence. Driver licensing fees contribute to the cost of the card and to road safety programs. It helps keep our road safe for everyone.

You may contact RoadSafetyBC at 1-855-387-7747 and advise them of your concerns. Learn more about driver re-exam road tests and tips for senior drivers.

As a temporary foreign worker in the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program, you may drive for up to 12 months on a valid licence from your home country.

If you’re staying longer than 12 months and want to continue driving, you’ll need to get a B.C. driver’s licence. For more information, please contact us.

You will need a minimum of a Class 4 (restricted) commercial driver’s licence issued in B.C.

Find out more about insurance and licensing requirements for ride-hailing.

Yes, you'll have to repeat both the knowledge test and motorcycle skills test. Learn more about getting a motorcycle licence.