Frequently asked questions

Transferring ownership


Yes, you can transfer a vehicle to your ex-spouse without paying PST if:

  • The transfer is due to a termination of a legal marriage or common-law relationship (where the individuals have been living with each other in a marriage-like relationship for two years or more)

  • The transfer is from one partner to the other, or from joint ownership to single ownership

  • The dissolution of the relationship is supported by a formal separation agreement or court order.

You will need to provide documentation such as a written separation agreement, marriage agreement, agreement dividing property under the Family Law Act, or a court order. Please talk to your Autoplan broker for more details.​