Open Data Licence
make Information (as defined below) available to you under our Open Data Licence (this “Licence”),
with only a few conditions.
Accessing or using information under this Licence
Accessing or using the Information means you have read, understood, accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms of this Licence. We reserve the right to update and revise this Licence and post such revisions on our website from time to time. You agree to be bound by such revisions and we encourage you to review the current terms and conditions, as they may be modified from time to time.
ICBC grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the Information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
The terms of this Licence are important, and if you fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to you under this Licence will end automatically.
You may copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose.
You must acknowledge the source of the Information by including the following attribution statement:
Contains information licensed under ICBC’s Open Data Licence.
This Licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official ICBC status or that ICBC endorses you or your use of the Information. You must not attribute to ICBC any results, information or data derived from the use, interpretation of analysis of the Information. If you must reference your use of the Information, include the following statement:
All analysis, inferences, opinions, and conclusions drawn in this [_________________] are those of the authors, and do not reflect the opinions, position or policies of ICBC.
This Licence does not grant you any right to use:
- Personal Information (as defined in the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
- Information or Records not accessible under FIPPA
- Third-party rights that ICBC is not authorized to licence
- Names, crests, logos, or other official marks of ICBC
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trade-marks and official marks.
No warranty or liability
The Information is licensed “as is,” and ICBC excludes all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities of any kind, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
ICBC is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use, condition or otherwise arising in connection with this Licence or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
This Licence is governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia and the applicable laws of Canada. Legal proceedings related to this Licence may only be brought in the courts of British Columbia.
In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
- "Information" means information resources, statistics or Records found on icbc.com that are expressly offered for use under the terms of this Licence or reference this Licence.
- “Records” has the meaning set out in section 29 of the BC Interpretation Act
- “ICBC” means the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
- “You” means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this Licence
Version in use
This is version 1.0 of the Open Data Licence for ICBC Information. ICBC may make changes to the terms of this Licence from time to time. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the Licence in force as of the date you accessed the Information.
Last updated: July 22, 2020