Find a location

Driver Licencing

We're here to help you get on the road. Find out what type of licence you need to get driving.

New drivers

Get your L, get your N, get your first driver's licence!

New drivers

Your licence

Renew or replace your licence or ID.

Also, apply or activate an enhanced licence, enhanced ID or BCID.

Your licence


B.C. residents: You must let us know your new address within 10 days.

Moving to B.C.? You'll have to get a B.C. driver's licence within 90 days.

Moving to B.C.

B.C Services Card and BCID

Renewing your driver's licence? You can get a BC Services Cardexternal link at the same time.

Don't drive but need ID? You can get a B.C. identification (BCID) card.

Tickets and penalties

Do you owe money for a violation ticket or other driver penalty?

Most debts to ICBC must be paid before you can renew your driver's licence (or insurance).

Tickets and penalties »

ID requirements and fees

For tests, BCID cards and most other licensing services, you must bring two pieces of accepted ID.

Fees for licensing services »

BC Services Card