Apply for a vendor number
ICBC's supplier system is a payment system that allows vendors to direct bill and provides convenience for customers, the supplier and the corporation.
All ICBC suppliers agree to comply with the requirements outlined in the ICBC Claims Procedures for Material Damage (MD) partners, and applicable procedures and instructions published on the ICBC Business Partners Page. Facilities who are interested in becoming ICBC suppliers must be able to demonstrate compliance with these procedures. The Claims Procedures details all supplier requirements, direct payment conditions, responsibilities of the supplier and the conditions under which a supplier number may be withdrawn.
Before applying for an ICBC supplier account number or to one of our programs please refer to our Material Damage Claims Procedures under Supplier Requirements.
Vendor application process (includes change to address, legal and "doing business as" name)
All MD applicants, including
sound equipment, and
detailing facilities must provide the following:
CL174 - Material Damage Vendor Number - Trade Application (all owners must sign)
CL174M - Vendor programs privacy checklist
ACG364 - Authorization for direct deposit if not currently on direct deposit or if there is a change in banking information (must be returned with a copy of a void cheque)
- $85 + GST ($89.25) application fee
(only applies to new applications, ownership changes or legal name changes)
- Copy of Central Securities Register showing breakdown of voting shares (for incorporated companies only), may be requested
- Copy of Current Business Licence - with correct business types listed, correct operating name and facility address. If outside city limits, a business licence not required letter from Regional District stating that your business is permitted to store damaged vehicles (if they are a tow company) & land is zoned correctly for your business type
- Copy of Current Garage Policy with correct Legal and dba name (if applicable), and mailing, facility/office address and storage location if different
- Commercial General Liability Policy (this is part of the building insurance) showing minimum coverage of $2,000,000 per occurrence, minimum $5,000,000 general aggregate (max paid in a policy period) and names ICBC as an additional insured - include page with name & address & page with coverage amounts, must list facility and office address if different
- Digital photos of the following:
- Exterior signage consistent with operating name
- Customer parking
- Customer entrance and reception area
- Customer accessible washroom
- Work area
- Tools & equipment
Please note: In most cases of a legal name change a new facility and account number will be assigned.
The following suppliers
must also provide additional documentation: