Find a Service Location

​Other benefit providers

If you have other insurance that covers medical expenses and/or wage loss in the event of an injury (for example, extended health care from your employer or an individually purchased disability insurance), please submit treatment receipts to your other provider first, rather than to ICBC.

ICBC will not reimburse other providers, with the exception of WorkSafeBC and Medical Services Plan, for their payments to you. ICBC will cover, through Accident Benefits included in your Basic insurance, any amounts over and above the maximum covered by your other providers. 

What does this mean to me?

Whether or not you are at fault in an accident, you submit your medical expenses and/or apply for wage loss benefits to your other provider(s), who will provide primary coverage.

In some cases this means your treatment bill will be reimbursed in part by ICBC and in part by any extended coverage provider that you have. This doesn't limit or impact the coverage you are pre-authorized for. It only affects how the treatment is paid and by whom. 


Your adjuster can answer any questions you have about your coverage for expenses.