Find a Service Location

​Injury settlement disputes

If you're not satisfied with the settlement amount for a crash that occurred before May 1, 2021, you may dispute the offer.

If your crash occurred on or after May 1, 2021

Enhanced Care came into effect on May 1, 2021. Crashes that happened on or after May 1 follow the rules of Enhanced Care and the information on this page may not apply. If your crash happened on or after May 1, 2021, contact your claim representative for more information.

Talk to your ICBC claim representative

Talk to your claim representative. It's important that both of you understand all of the factors taken into account and this is your opportunity to point out anything that might have been overlooked or ask questions about how the settlement was determined.

If you're still not satisfied, ask to speak with their manager. The manager will review the circumstances of your claim.

File a dispute with the Civil Resolution Tribunal

As of April 1, 2019, the Civil Resolution Tribunal (CRT) is available to address disputes between customers and ICBC, including settlement offer disputes (up to $50,000). If the CRT makes a ruling that changes a decision, we will adjust the decision to match the ruling. Find out more about filing a dispute with the CRT.  

Dispute your claim in court

You can file settlement disputes for accidents prior to April 1, 2019, in small claims court or B.C. Supreme Court. Please note, cases in court could take several years to resolve and the court has the final say.

Vehicle settlements

Not satisfied with the settlement for your written-off vehicle? Find out how to have the settlement reviewed