We've partnered with the Ministries of Health and Citizens' Services to reduce the need for in-person contact during the pandemic.
British Columbia Driver Licence (BCDL)
In an effort to resume in-person transactions and with the health and safety of our customers and employees as our priority, we will be welcoming customers with a phased approach.
Please call us at 1-800-950-1498 or 250-978-8300 if you need to:
- Renew an existing BCDL that is within 6 weeks of your card expiry date.
- Renew a temporary (paper) BCDL if you are unable to attend a driver licensing office
- Reinstate a BCDL that has been cancelled, prohibited or suspended and is now eligible for a reinstatement
The driver licensing fee, photo and signature (where needed) will not be collected at the time of your call. Instead, we'll mail you a temporary driver's licence displaying an expiry date. Then, when it's safe for you to visit a driver licensing office, you'll be able to obtain your photo BCDL, pay any fees and provide your signature.
These temporary procedures apply if your driver licence expires within six weeks or has not been expired for more than three years.
Renewal of temporary (paper) driver's licences
If you have already renewed over the phone and your temporary (paper) licence is expiring our driver licensing offices are open to serve you. You can visit us to obtain your photo driver's licence at which time you will be required to pay the renewal fee and bring two pieces of identification, one primary and one secondary.
Please do not attend an office if you:
- have traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- have been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) within the last 14 days
- have symptoms of COVID-19 such as respiratory illness or difficulty breathing, a fever greater than 38.0ᴼC (100.4ᴼ F) or a cough
- have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days
British Columbia Services Card
If you're currently unable to obtain or renew your BC Services Card, you can get a temporary Medical Services Plan (MSP) coverage extension or a confirmation of MSP coverage letter. Please call Health Insurance BC at 1 800 663-7100 or 604 683-7151.
If you're a MSP Beneficiary, you can access provincial health care services using the Provincial Health Number (PHN) on your expired BC Services Card, along with another piece of ID.
If you use the mobile BC Services Card, you'll have continued temporary access to online government services.
For more information visit: