Preparing for a re-examination road test
Have you've been asked to take a driver's re-examination test? Here's what you need to know.
To prepare for your re-exam road test:
- Read Learn to Drive Smart and Tuning Up for Drivers. You will be tested on what you’ve learned from these guides. Pay particular attention to the road signs, signals and traffic safety section.
- Read what happens during a road test and practise to make sure you’re comfortable with the tasks. You might consider professional driving lessons.
- Some driver licensing offices put on special presentations for senior drivers. Check with your local licensing office to see if they're offering any soon.
Book your re-examination road test »
Important: You have 30 days from receiving your notice to book your re-examination road test.
What to bring to the road test
When you come in for your test, you’ll need
- required ID
- your contact lenses or glasses (if needed for driving)
- your vehicle insurance and registration papers, and
- any special equipment that you use to help you drive.
Also, it’s a good idea to come with a qualified driver in case you don't pass your test and need a ride home.
Important: Be sure your vehicle it is safe and in good working order.
What will happen during the re-exam road test?
You will be asked to take a re-examination road test, a vision test, a traffic signs and a road signals test.
The re-examination road test appointment will take about 60 to 90 minutes.
Can’t make your appointment?
Please be sure to give us 48 hours' notice. Otherwise there will be a $25 fee for your next appointment.