Report a claim online
Report and retrieve your claim status right here on icbc.com.
Being able to report online depends on what type of claim you have:
|Claims you can report online
||Claims you must report by phone
- collision (without injuries)
- vehicle glass damage only
- crash outside B.C.
For these types of claims, call Dial-a-Claim:
Dial-a-Claim is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Lower Mainland: 604-520-8222
- Rest of B.C.: 1-800-910-4222
Your online claim notice
After you report online, we'll send you a confirmation number. Within one business day, an adjuster will review your claim and post your online claim notice.
If necessary, your adjuster may book an appointment for you at a claim centre.
Checklist when reporting your claim
It helps to have the following information ready:
- where and when the crash happened
- licence plate number of each vehicle involved
- driver's licence number of each driver
- insurance information for vehicles not insured by ICBC
- your preferred auto body shop, and
- police file number (for a serious crash, theft or vandalism)